Friday, April 17, 2009

Why do MOST prostitutes, gangleaders, drug lords in Asia worship Taoist gods?

I live in Asia and have witnessed this strange trend.

These people worship taoist gods and ask the gods to grant them success in these vice activities.

In my personal opinion, modern taoism with the many gods is a false religion and an evil in society.

I am Asian, Singaporean by the way.

What do you guys think about this trend?


they clearly do not truly follow Taoism. Its a very peaceful religion. It is not evil, but rather those who use it as an excuse to spread hatred or pain... It is like any other religion.

I think it is sad that a person who comes from many thousands of years of structured belief which when studied has shown to be deep insightful and and very rewarding can be so judgemental fo their own culture just because a belief that is maybe half as mature has said they should be.

What would your great grandmother say that is who you should be talkign to

Tao Te Ching doesn't even have any gods....

So I think this is some sort of pagan interpretation.

And I don't know any asian prostitutes, gangleaders or drug lords, so I can't comment on the trend.

Different society, so therefore they have been around Taoists more than Christians. Its the spiritual environment that they were brought up in

If they religion is Tao and they do such bad humiliating acts on others or them self's; they will be face to face with Karma.

Religion and evil go hand in hand.

without religion , it's much harder to do evil.

I don't know but a good analogy to this is what happens in the United States where a lot of gangsters and hardcore criminals wear a big cross around their neck...

And your religion is somehow true?

I did not know about this. It is very interesting. Yes , I agree with you. It is evil.

What's a Taoist god? There is no such thing. The Tao that cannot be named is the eternal Tao.

Buddhist/Taoist.

Taoism has no gods.Could it be a regional practice?

I can't comment, but...how exactly do YOU know what their religions are? Is there something you're not saying?

and you wouldn't be biased on this topic, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment