Friday, April 17, 2009

What countries in southeast asia are easy to stay in permanently?

I mean from a legal side, Thailand is my favorite but its very hard to get a permanent visa there, so what other nearby countries could I stay in? And if you know, which countries can I purchase property in as a foreigner aside from malaysia?


In my opinion I would say Singapore because the transportation was easy to figure out and everything was in english. It was also very clean. I had more fun in Bali than Thailand but I cannot say that I did not like Thailand. In Singapore you can rent or lease but they are strict. I had looked it up at a Remax site years ago.

Easier....Cambodia, Vietnam..

Property...Cambodia - 99 year lease

....Vietnam - 99 lease

Think you will find in all countries there is no such thing as a permanent visa.....you either apply and get permanent residence or citizenship....technically visa;s are not intended to be permanent anywhere in the world...

Even in Malaysia, even though you can buy property there are restrictions, and the one thing I am not sure about is inheritance of property...have a feeling even in Malaysia its a 99 year type lease system, but stand to be corrected...

Thailand eventually is going to fall behind countries like Cambodia and Vietnam due to its unfriendly farang policies, how much it will loose out to the abovementioned countries...who knows....

Thaialnd is pretty easy to live in permanent if you have one specific qualification...Money

Philippines. You can do practically anything in the Philippines.

Besides, there are lots of advantages: 1) Filipinos all speak English,

2) Filipino culture is fairly Western enough,

3) It is the country in Asia with the largest American and European population,

4) Religion-wise, the Philippines is mostly Catholic and Christian, so there are no hassles,

5) Well, Philippines is the nicest country in Asia because it has the best of both worlds - from Asia and Micronesia,

6) Excellent shopping, nightlife, and living,

7) Modern facilities and infrastructure,

8) Lots of available condominiums in planned cities around Manila,

9) If you want to be treated with hospitality, the Philippines is the best,

10) The next adventure tourism destination, according to lots of European and American travel magazines,

11) Nice people,

12) Every cuisine around the world from Asian to Zulu is represented.

I believe that you can do this in the Philippines, I have a couple aunts and uncles that moved over there, my aunt ownes a house and my uncle owns a condo.

We are not Philipino, nor are they married to any. I have been there a couple times, and i hope to retire there....one day

If you were 50 I would say Thailand, you could get an awesome apartment right on Sukhumvit for under $200 per month!!! I would probably drink myself to death, but have a damn good time doing it!!!

Singapore is prolly safest! :)

I live in singapore

Tho things are not as cheap,we are safe and veri legalized cos we're small..

We have good airports to travel too

No comments:

Post a Comment